24 Jun 2013 No Comments
Have you allowed others or yourself to kill your dream? If so, it’s now time to resurrect it and achieve it. Sometimes we allow others or our own limiting beliefs, to stop us from reaching our dreams, or accomplishing our goals. I have done this to myself as well, but I’m letting go of the fear and the naysayers, and moving forward with making my dream a reality.
Unfortunately, everyone will not support or believe in your dream, but that’s okay. As long as you believe in yourself and your dream/vision, that’s all that matters. The story of Joseph (beginning at Genesis 37), is a good example of how we should stay focused on our dreams, no matter what the circumstances or difficulties.
- First make sure your dream/vision is from God. Ask God what is His purpose for your life. This will always be bigger than you. When given by God, then you have to believe and know that He will provide all you need, in order to fulfill it.
- Write it down. Write your vision down or create a vision board. This is a way for you to stay focused on your dream.
- Be careful who share your dream with. As stated before, not everyone will support you, and for various reasons, will start raining on your parade. You don’t want to start doubting yourself or your dream, so limit your interaction with the naysayers.
- Take action. Taking action is a major key to accomplishing anything you desire for your life. This is not busy work. You want to take actions that are moving you closer to reaching your goals.
- Always operate from a place of love. This may be difficult to do at times, especially with the naysayers, but you have to stay focused, positive, and always come from a place of love. And most importantly, you have to forgive. Once again Joseph is a good example. He did not hold a grudge against his brothers, who threw him in a pit and left him to die, but forgave them, and reunited with his family.
- Be thankful. No matter what, always be thankful and grateful.
A book that I love and have read 3 times now, is “Believe That You Can” by Jentezen Franklin. I have gotten something new from it, each time I have read it. It is an awesome book, which talks about the process that a dream from God goes through, and how to hold on and stay focused.
It’s now or never, to get moving with creating and living the life that you desire and that God wants you to have. Remember, we are meant to do great things in this life, no matter what our station in life is, or things we have done in our past. Don’t let others or yourself hold you back any longer.
“Being the Best Me”
image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net/sattva