The New Year is fast approaching. Are you ready? Have you declared 2016 to be your year? Be honest, have you made this declaration before, only to come to the end of the year and find yourself in the same place, as when the year started?
Well, I raise my hand for the latter. Yes, I have been guilty a time or two, of declaring the upcoming New Year as my year, to only find myself in the same place at the end of the year. However, just like I broke the cycle you can do the same thing. You can WIN and live your BestMeBestLife™ in 2016 and beyond. No more feeling like a failure, being unhappy and frustrated. It is time to wake up excited, happy and confident each day because you are now creating your BestMeBestLife™.
Below are 10 tips to help you WIN in 2016:
- Clear Plan/Strategy – In order to WIN, you have to know exactly what you want to WIN, therefore a clear plan and strategy is required.
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals – Once you have your plan/strategy, you can then create S.M.A.R.T. goals. This acronym means: S – Specific, M – Measurable, A – Attainable, R – Realistic, T – Time Based. Your goals cannot be broad or general, or you will never accomplish them. Also, when you create your plan/goals, then you must write your WHY. You must have a strong reason, as to why you are doing what you are doing. Not only knowing your WHY, but remembering it is crucial, especially when things are not going has planned, or feels like everything is falling apart. Your WHY should be strong enough to keep you going, especially in the difficult/trying times, which are sure to come.
- Right Attitude and Mindset – I cannot stress this one enough. Having the right attitude makes a major difference. The right attitude is an attitude of gratitude and positivity. You have to be thankful for what you have and what you’ve accomplished thus far. You must maintain a positive attitude as well. Not only your attitude but your mindset. In fact your mindset is the heart of it all, because everything starts with the mind. You must believe you can achieve all that you desire and visualize yourself accomplishing your goals in your mind first. And continue practicing creative visualization each day. Any limiting beliefs and habits must be replaced with new ones, which are positive and supportive.
- Reward System - Incorporate rewards for your progress. As you accomplish a goal and/or reach certain milestone give yourself a reward. The reward does not have to be extravagant. This should help you stay focused on your progress and not how far you have to go. Staying focused on your progress gives you a sense of accomplishment, and not only increases your motivation, but your confidence as well.
- Willing To Sacrifice/Set Boundaries – Yes, you must be willing to sacrifice something. If you want to WIN, then you will have to give up something. This could be tv watching, excessive time on social media, especially if it’s personal, not hanging out with friends as much, etc. You decide what that something is you’re willing to give up, in order to WIN in the New Year. Not only will you have to sacrifice something, you may have to set boundaries, especially with family and friends.
- Accountability – Let’s face it. It is hard trying to hold oneself accountable all the time. Accountability is one of the main reasons we don’t accomplish our goals. You need that extra person(s) holding your feet to the fire and pushing you as you go along. Your accountability partner can be friend, family member, coach, mentor, trainer, etc. Remember, we are not meant to be “lone rangers”.
- Positive Support Network – You want to surround yourself with success-minded, positive and supportive people. If this is currently not the case, then get busy expanding your network. There are quite a few good, free and paid Facebook Groups, which can quickly help with expanding your network. Of course one is our very own Circle of Friends. This makes it easier to ask for help, if you need it. Remember, you have no time for negativity
- Take Care of Your Mind, Body & Spirit – YOU have to take care of YOU. This includes activities that nurture your spirit, renews your mind and re-inforce the positive, and take care of your body. You want to enjoy the journey as well as the WIN. Taking care of your mind, body and spirit helps you to handle the difficult times with ease as well.
- Invest In Yourself – As I’ve stated before, investing in oneself doesn’t always require money, but most definitely your time. And to be honest at some point you will have to invest money. You can only go so far with Free. This investment should be for your development and/or growth.
- Have Fun – Last but not least, HAVE FUN!!! Remember the saying, “All work and no play”. Well that saying is very accurate. When you are focused on your BestMeBestLife™ journey and taking lots of action each day, then this can become a strain, or you feel like you may be missing out on all the fun. This is why you should incorporate some play time in your schedule. This is a journey and you should enjoy it and have fun along the way. Also you should take time to recharge you, which is not about having fun, but just re-energizing and/or renewing you. Sometimes you may need to take a day or a few hours and do absolutely nothing.
BONUS: Operate with Expectancy – If you are not doing this already, start operating with expectancy: expect the things you want/pray for to happen. A good example of this is when you order those awesome shoes from online. After you pay, you start tracking when the shoes will arrive. You get excited and have probably already planned an outfit to pair with the shoes. You know the shoes are coming. You should operate the same way with the things you want for your life. Once you’ve put out to the universe and God, the things you want for your life, then start operating like you know those things will arrive in your life.
Good News!!! You don’t have to wait until January 1 to start. You can start now implementing these tips and build your momentum. JTBM offers products and services that can help you with a majority of these tips.
From now until December 25, they are on sale. Go ahead and implement tip #9 (invest in yourself) and set yourself up to WIN in 2016.
I look forward to partnering and walking with you, on your BestMeBestLife™ journey.