While you are on your BestMeBestLife™ journey, you may have to re-commit to your life’s vision/goals more than once. I raise my hand for this one. Because we are imperfect human beings and this thing called life will sometimes cause us to fall off track, when it comes to accomplishing our goals, which is okay. It is never too late to start again, and accomplish your goals.
Use the 6 tips below to help you re-commit to your BestMeBestLife™:
- Forgive Yourself – We all know sh*t happens. It’s called life and it can sometimes throw us off course, or our inner snake got the best of us, therefore there is no need to beat yourself up. It is what it is. Forgive yourself and let it go.
- Remember Your WHY – Remember why you started or created the goal(s) in the first place. The reason you want to accomplish this goal(s) should be very compelling to you.
- Get Back In The Game – No matter how long it has been since you have fallen off track, you can still get back on track by taking action. Don’t focus on the past, but start taking action immediately to rebuild momentum and get back on track.
- Re-Evaluate – Yes, you may have to re-evaluate your goals and/or action plan. You may have set a goal, but this may not be the right time to pursue that goal, and/or you may decide that’s not a goal you want for your life anymore, which is okay. Also re-evaluate your action plan. Do you have the right action steps?
- Accountability - Who is holding you accountable? Let’s face it, when it comes to holding yourself accountable it can be very easy to slip up, because there are way too many opportunities and/or distractions that cause us to not take action. Accountability is one of the top reasons people don’t accomplish their goals. When you know there is someone you have to answer too it makes you want to stick to the plan.
- Visualize – At some point in our lives we’ve all visualized (daydream) about something we want, especially as kids. Well it’s time to get back to it. Today, it is called creative visualization. Not only are you visualizing what you want, but you incorporate all your senses and feelings in the visualization process. At minimum, practice your visualization every day. However you can practice multiple times throughout the day. Creative visualization puts a new/different picture/message in your subconscious mind, which drives ~90+% of what we do.
Please share if you have some additional tips on re-committing to your BestMeBestLife™.
Let’s kick it in high gear so we don’t have any regrets.