20 Jun 2013 2 Comments
10 Things I know for sure concerning my life. These are based on my life experiences, but may be they will help you in your life:
- God must be first. This is a well learnt lesson, in that I have caused so much, unnecessary headache and heartache to/for myself because God was not first, and I wasn’t obedient to Him. I guess this is all a part of growing up and maturing, and becoming wiser.
- Forgiveness is key. In order, for me to live my best life, I had to forgive others, as well as myself, and also ask God for forgiveness. You have to be able to forgive no matter what, if you want to move forward and live your best life. Holding on to past hurt, pain, anger or whatever, is only giving the other person power, over you, and keeping you stuck. Forgiveness is not about letting the other person off the hook or forgetting, but releasing that negative emotion/feeling from your life, so you can move forward.
- Love and respect myself. I have to love and respect myself, before I can truly love someone else, or let myself be loved. Ladies, young or old, we have to love and respect ourselves and demand respect from others, as well.
- Laughter is the best medicine. There is nothing like laughter as medicine, especially the gut busting, about to pee on myself kind. Laughter and humor just makes you feel better, happier and helps your emotional and mental state.
- Good support system. Having a good support system is crucial in this chaotic world, we live in. Whether that system is comprised of family, friends, coach, mentor, teacher, etc., having that individual(s) that is in your corner, supporting you, helping you, even correcting you is invaluable. The bottom line you can’t make it alone.
- Don’t take myself too seriously. I have been told numerous times, that I take things too seriously, which in the past that has been true. I have now learned that it’s not that crucial and to even laugh at myself, and move on.
- Take action. I had to remind myself of this, because I became depressed and stopped taking action last year. I know in order for me, to have the success I want, and live my best life, that I need to take action, but not just any action, but the right action to help me reach my goals. Taking action can be noted throughout the bible, and any successful person today will tell you, that you have to take action. No matter how small the action, as long as, it’s something that helps you, move closer to reaching your goals.
- Give back and help others. It’s not about me, all the time. Giving back and helping others is a must, in order to live my best life. This can be something simple or extravagant, and not always about money, but any of your resources (time, talent, skills, knowledge, etc), and include but not limited to family, friends, church, charitable organizations and even a complete stranger.
- Having a plan/vision for my life. It took a while but I finally have a complete picture/vision of what I want my life to look like, which in turn has helped me, to set goals that I want to achieve for my life. I actually have a vision board in my bedroom, instead of a tv, since I’m not a big tv watcher, but a music lover. This allows me to focus on my vision, when I wake up and right before I go to bed. I’ve written a previous post about having no plan.
- Stepping out my comfort zone. This is a big one. It can be scary and exciting all at the same time. I did a major step when I left my steady paying, corporate america job, but I have no regrets, because that was the right decision for me(even though family and friends probably thought I was crazy), knowing what I want for my life. The key is not to look back, even when things are not working as thought or planned, because then you start doubting/questioning yourself and possibly give up. In order to grow, we have to step out of our comfort/safe zone. I read that sometimes God will make it, so that you have to step out of your comfort zone. Just think of the story of Abraham, God was having him to step out of his comfort/safe zone several times. There’s a previous post about comfort zone.
These are just some things I have learned along life’s journey that is helping me to live my best life. Maybe you know these things already, or you can now take and apply some or all to your life.
“Being the Best Me”